GOLFWEEK SENIOR TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP
PGA National Resort & Spa
December 2-4, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
The Fazio Course
The Golfweek Senior Tour Championship is being held at The Fazio Course at PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Formerly known as The Haig which was designed by George and Tom Fazio in tribute to PGA Champion Walter Hagen and opened in 1980; the Fazio was renovated by Tom Fazio II whose goal was to modernize the course layout. The par - 72 remains intact but the improvements feature reconfigured tee boxes and bunkers, increase in total green surface, and payer friendly tees making the experience pure enjoyment.
Eligibility: Amateur golfers, aged 55 and over with a handicap index of 8.0 or lower.
- Senior (55-64)
- Super Senior (65 and over)
- Note: Those 70 and over can opt to play for a separate prize pool within the Super Senior Division by signing up for “Legends”.
Format: 54-hole Medal Play
- Senior Division: Blue
- Super Senior & Legends Division: White
- The yardage from each division’s markers will be decided according to course conditions and will vary somewhat from round to round. The goal of the setup for both divisions will be to provide a variety of distances, shot values and challenges throughout each round while having the players confront a course that is fair, fun and requires strategic thinking.
Conditions of Play: USGA Rules will be in effect.
Yancey Ford Award:
2013 will mark the 4th year a player is honored. The Yancey Ford Award recognizes an individual whose participation, involvement in administration, inclusiveness and dedication have helped grow the world of competitive senior amateur golf.
Previous Honorees are
- Debbie & Jim Rivers, 2012
- David King, 2011
- Yancey Ford, 2010
2013 Honoree is John W. Harrigan . . . Click HERE to learn more about Mr. Harrigan!
Practice rounds are available on Sunday, December 1. PGA National is offering our players a special rate of $75 plus tax. You must reserve your tee time in advance by calling 877-929-3231. Please let them know you are a tournemant player in the Golfweek Senior Tour Championship.
Room accommodations are not included in your tournament entry fee. PGA National Resort & Spa is offering our players a special rate of $129 plus taxes per night. To secure your room accommodations you can reserve online using the link below.
Click HERE to reserve your room online
Or you can call 877-929-3231. Please let them know you are a tournament player in the Golfweek Senior Tour Championship.
Note: This special rate is based on hotel availability at the time of booking.
Tournament Registration Includes ($450.00)
- Three Tournament Rounds with Carts
- Unlimited Range Balls
- Complimentary Bag Storage
- Merchandise Prize Pool of $80 per player at Golf Smith
- Players Awards Luncheon and Yancey Ford Award Presentation
- If you would like to bring your spouse to the luncheon, there is an additional charge of $45 that must be pre-paid. You would select the $495 regsitration rate.
Schedule of Events
Monday, December 2
7:32-9:24am: Round 1. Tee time starts off No 1 & No. 10
Afternoon & Evening: On your own
Tuesday, December 3
7:32-9:24am: Round 2. Tee time starts off No. 1 & No. 10
Afternoon & Evening: On your own
Wednesday, December 4
8:30am: Final Round. Shotgun Start
Immediately after round
- Players Luncheon
- Yancy Ford Presentation
- Tournament Awards Ceremony
Ron Gaines, Senior Tournaments & Senior Ranking: RGaines@golfweek.com
Diane Muratore, Events Manager: DMuratore@golfweek.com
Deadline Extended: November 20, 2013 or until field is full
Prior to November 8, 2013: 100% refund minus $75 cancellation fee
November 8 - November 22, 2013: 50% refund
After November 22: No Refund
- If a withdrawal is necessary prior to the beginning of the event, players MUST email Golfweek at firstname.lastname@example.org for request and confirmation.