The Golfweek Senior Amateur is being held at La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California. Just a short drive from Palm Springs, this hideaway is home to some of the best golf courses in the area. PGA West is the venue for our upcoming tournament with the first round being played on Pete Dye's TPC Stadium Course; a must play and a favorite among touring professionals. The final two rounds will have you testing your skills on Jack Nicklaus' Tournament Course; while the challenging desert layout provides the opportunity for power off the tee, the elevated greens literally require you to raise your game to another level.
Eligibility: Amateur golfers, aged 55 and over with a handicap index of 8.0 or lower.
Ranking: This is a Golfweek Designated Ranking Tournament - 1000 points.
Super Senior (65 and over)
*Super Senior, Legends (70 +)
* Those 70 + years can opt to play for a separate prize pool within the Super Senior Division by signing up for “Legends”.
Format: 54-hole Medal Play
Senior Division will play at approximately 6500 yds.
Super Senior and Legends will play at approximately 6200 yds.
- The yardage from each division’s markers will be decided according to course conditions and might vary somewhat from round to round. The goal of the setup for both divisions will be to provide a variety of distances, shot values and challenges throughout each round while having the players confront a course that is fair, fun and requires strategic thinking.
Conditions of Play: USGA Rules will be in effect.
Practice rounds are available to all players at a special rate of $90 per round per player. You can begin booking your practice rounds on April 1, 2013 (no earlier) and can schedule a tee time between April 1 through April 29 at this rate. To book practice rounds please call LaQuinta Pro Shop at 800-PGA-WEST or 460-567-5729 and let them know you are playing in the Golfweek Senior Amateur.
Room accommodations and/or special rates have not been pre-arranged for tournament players. You will need to research and book accommodations on your own.
Tournament Package Includes ($460.00):
- Three Tournament Rounds with Carts
- Unlimited Range Balls
- Complimentary Bag Storage
- Merchandise Prize Pool of $80 per player. Will be awarded to the following: o Senior (ages 55-64) o Super Senior Division (ages 65-69) o Super Senior Legends Divisions (ages 70+)
Diane Muratore, Golfweek Events Manager: DMuratore@golfweek.com
Deadline to register: April 7, 2013 or until field is full
Prior to March 7, 2013: 100% refund minus $75 cancellation fee
March 8-April 7, 2013: 50% refund
After April 7: No Refund
- If a withdrawal is necessary prior to the beginning of the event, players MUST email Golfweek at firstname.lastname@example.org for request and confirmation.